If you’re ready to sell your home, we applaud you! It’s an exciting process that marks the beginning of a new adventure for you and your family. But if you’re trying to put your home on the market, you want to use every advantage possible to stand out. As revealed in a recent Realtor Magazine article, one of the biggest demands in the homebuyer’s market right now is for what’s known as “turnkey” homes. Before you start your seller’s journey, it helps to know what turnkey homes are and what you can do to make your home turnkey.
What Is a Turnkey Home?
Turnkey homes, as defined in the article above, are any high-end, furnished, pre-decorated homes that allow buyers to easily move in. This makes your future move that much easier! Think about it – instead of transporting that spare dresser, you can leave it behind. Plus, even if you have furniture you wish to keep and move over in stages, you can still use it to your benefit. For instance, displaying it in your property photos is a great way to sell the appeal.
Focus on these Areas
There are a few areas in your home that you can make their best before selling it as a turnkey space. We recommend examining these specific areas of your home and determining which needs the most TLC.
- Kitchen – When tidying up your kitchen, make sure your fixtures and cabinetry look their best. Whether it’s just a simple cleaning or adding a fresh coat of paint, these steps will help attract potential buyers.
- Master Bathroom – A well-done master bathroom is attractive to potential buyers because it offers a true oasis and a peaceful getaway from the rest of the house. This is where you can highlight special features, such as “his & hers” sinks or statement mirrors. A well-photographed bathroom can make all the difference in getting more bidders on your home.
- Home Exterior – Even something as simple as completing a bit of landscaping can make your home look even more attractive to buyers. The exterior of your home gives potential buyers a good idea as to what’s inside, it’s crucial to do whatever it takes to ensure your curb appeal is sky high.
Make Photography Easy with a Turnkey Home
Getting the right photos of your home is essential to the selling process, and that’s where staging comes into play. Staging refers to the process of creating aesthetically pleasing rooms, using appropriate furniture and decorations to display during your selling process. Staging can show your home in its best light and attract more homebuyers – and possibly bidding wars. A pre-furnished and recently renovated home makes the staging process even simpler. When working with a qualified agent, they’ll be able to bring out the best in your home and get buyers eager to learn more.
The National Association of Realtors also recommends following these tips to further enhance your home’s
- Remove personal effects from any room shot.
- Declutter your spaces and create a more open look before the staging.
- Highlight focus areas such as your home’s bedrooms, living rooms, and bonus spaces like offices.
Craft an Engaging Virtual Tour with Your Turnkey Home
Virtual home tours were a burgeoning technology even before COVID-19. Now, more than ever, they’re being used by sellers and realtors alike to give buyers a real-life view of homes before they even step foot in them. According to a recent study published in Realtor Magazine, nearly 1/3 of the brokerage specialists polled regularly used virtual home tours for their listings.
When you sell your home as a turnkey space, you should have an abundance of virtual tour material to show off to potential buyers. Whether your agent shoots the tour or hires a professional, a turnkey home will immediately stand out. After all, what would encourage someone to visit more than knowing they’d be able to move into a fully-functioning, beautiful home with less hassle?
Finalize the Process with Lake & Mountain Realty
Making your home turnkey before you sell it is a deeply rewarding process. At the end, you can rest comfortably knowing that you’ve increased the value of your home and made it a buyer’s dream. If you’re looking to sell your home, or need advice along the way, be sure to reach out to our talented team. We’re always here to help.